Friday, June 1, 2012

Hi, My name is Kate, and I am a nail polish addict.

I have a confession.
I am a wee bit obsessed with nail polish.

Okay, I am really obsessed.  Not as much as I am with Pinterest, but it is pretty high up there.  My collection of colors grows very frequently, I constantly surf the web for new techniques, and I could tell you the difference between China Glaze and OPI.  But, I have a good reason for this obsession.  A new coat of polish just brightens my day a little bit more, mostly because I love really colorful things.  My polish obsession is one reason I wanted to share with you a few products I love that could really make it easier for you to obsess as much as I do :)

1) Sally Hansen Salon Effects
the box for the denim pattern
 
  this is like, only half of all their patterns!


I love Sally Hansen salon effects, which are basically stickers made of nail polish.  They are super easy to put on, you just line up the sticker with your cuticle.  And, the patterns are so cool!  A box usually sells from $5 to $10 at Walmart, but it does last a while.  It is made for one application, but if you have short nails you can cut the sticker in half and put the cut piece on your other hand.  This way you don't have to open the packet for the second hand and you can use that after the other set wears off.  Then you can get like, up to 3 weeks out of one box.  I think it is worth it for such cute patterns :)


2) Seche vite top coat
Seche Vite is a clear top coat that I am convinced is magic.  You apply it on to your polish while it is still wet, and within 10 minutes you could go back to normal activity.  It dries rock hard and reeaaally shiny!  A few warnings, though: it can't be used as a base coat; if you apply to dried polish it will pull back and shrink; it contains toulene, which many people do not want (although I suggest you do your own research on it and decide for yourself if it is a problem for you)


3) Manicure clean up pen

Manicure clean up pens are basically little markers with nail polish remover instead of ink.  They are great for getting into the tiny little spaces on your skin where nail polish inevitably lands and Qtips are too big for.  The one pictured is the Sally Hansen brand, but a lot of different companies make them.  These are definitely a great investment for 5 bucks.



There you have it, my favorite polish items!  I will update this post as I accumulate more favorites, I know I will :)


Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Hi, Kate! I saw you out on Darrel Tank's 5PM Community and thought I'd drop in on your website! I see you like to sew, and I, too do also. I've designed and made seven wedding gowns and love to draw as well. Your site is just terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kate, Where do you get the Seche Vite from?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. amazon, click the yellow hyperlink in the first paragraph about it :)

      Delete