Thursday, May 31, 2012

Strawberry cupcakes and new icing techniques

If you love strawberries and cupcakes, then this recipe is for you.  Recipe Girl shares a delicious and simple strawberry cupcake recipe that will definitely be a staple in my baking arsenal.

It was such a great color.  Can you tell I got excited about that? :P

Recipe Girl warns not to try the batter, because apparently it tastes like ice cream.  I did.  Bad idea.  One lick will not suffice!!!!  So I will echo the warning of two other bakers: DON'T LICK IT! but I know you will :)
When I made these, I also tried out a new icing technique I learned from a youtube video.

Isn't that technique crazy?  Definitely different to me, especially because I only ever use a star tip icing on cupcakes.  Unfortunately, my icing was a bit too creamy and didn't hold the shape very well; still, this is a great icing trick!  If you wanna know how Recipe Girl's cupcakes came out when I made them, here are a couple of pics.

rose icing technique; what I usually do



icing technique from video

So tell me, is that a recipe you would try?


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment