Saturday, December 8, 2012

A Blue Party Skirt

After a 2-week holiday hiatus, I am back :).  During my break, I have been doing some sewing.  While cruisin' on Pinterest one day, I saw an awesome tutorial for a pretty skirt that I reeeeaaaallly wanted to make!  Joann's recently had a huge fabric sale, and I found the perfect fabric to finally make it.

I found this material in the denim section.  It's very hard to capture on camera; it's like a soft, navy denim, but not quite chambray.  Anyway, perfect for my skirt.

The tutorial I used was from Creative Spaces.  You should really check her tutorial out; sooo cute!
The skirt ended up being really simple to make.  I did have a little trouble with getting it to sit right after adding an invisible zipper, but that was a simple fix.  I love the high-waisted style and little bow at the top :).  Something that girly is not usually my style, but hey, I don't know, it just looks right.  


I would definitely recommend this tutorial!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment