Sunday, September 30, 2012

The Blogger template customizer is broken, and I am mad.

      This is me right now.


       Have you ever been so mad at something that the sheer idea of it makes you want to scream and throw a tantrum right in the middle of the road?
    Yeah, me too.  Like now.  For over a month, the Blogger template customization tool has been broken.  Jenked.  Messed up.  Every time I try to make a change (such as font style, color, or background  image) the changes are applied but don't show up.  For you non-interwebbers out there, this means that if I suddenly decide I want pink font, I can't have it.  If I want my post titles to be in Times New Roman, it ain't gonna happen.  The template changes I make do not show up on this blog when I load it.  But here's the thing: I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE.

    According to blogger forums, this has been happening to bucket-loads of bloggers by the second.  It's not good, and it has to change.  "But Kate," you say, "Why are you ranting about this?"  Well, there
are two reasons:

1) I want to explain the reason why P.D.S. is lookin' a little wonky right now.  I am making changes to things, but I can't match them because other things that need to be changed can't.  It also sometimes changes font when I load the page that I DID NOT set. That's why the layout looks a little miss-matched now.

2) I want to bring attention to this issue.  Many people have posted about this on the blogger forums, but obviously they are doing nothing about it.  I figured that if one blog post could spotlight the issue a little more, so be it.  This is a blogging problem that needs to be fixed.

Because of this problem, I have considered switching to WordPress!
 
 So here's the thing: Please bear with me while they sort this problem out, and I apologize that this isn't a cool DIY tutorial or a recipe.  Sometimes, things need to be put out there.


Pin It

3 comments:

  1. This happened to me too! I tried to change my background, but the whole thing froze and I had to reboot my computer just to open the Internet again!

    www.thebellebeautyblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kate. The exact same thing is currently happening to me and just like you i am also mad! my blog currently looks ridiculous! ARGH!! lol. Anyway if you dont mind im about to write a similar post on my blog addressing the situation and i would like to link your post to it.. if thats ok with you of course? :)
    Regards emma.
    sadaski.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That would be fine! Glad you could address the problem too, hope it gets fixed!

    ReplyDelete